News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft versus local account

Posted on taftbaby Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Microsoft versus local account

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  b 1 month ago.

• Author

taftbaby
      AskWoody Plus

I read “somewhere” that you should never use a Microsoft account on Windows 10. Don’t remember where! I have both on my desktop and my laptop. I have started using the local account more after I read that article. Any info/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1875646 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

There are many advantages to signing in with a Microsoft account:

All the Features That Require a Microsoft Account in Windows 10

As I never use anything else, I’ll leave it for others to outline any perceived disadvantages.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1875962 Reply

mn–
      AskWoody Lounger

The disadvantages are mostly privacy-related.

All that can be essentially simplified to one question – do you trust Microsoft?

• #1876046 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft versus local account

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.