News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft vs Mozilla and Chrome again?

Posted on migongo Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Other browsers Microsoft vs Mozilla and Chrome again?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  migongo 1 month ago.

• Author
    • #1980516 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

I was just able to sign in to Outlook.com with 64-bit FF 69.0.3

--Joe

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1980557 Reply

migongo
      AskWoody Lounger

Few hours ago I could still login using Edge Chromium. Now I can’t in both browsers: nor Edge nor Waterfox (Mozilla based). So I doubt it’s a configuration issue on my part. See the screenshots. Windows 8.1 X64 Group B.Captura-de-pantalla-4
      Captura-de-pantalla-1

Attachments:
    • #1980977 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

I use the Dev channel of Edge Chromium all the time. It is my primary browser and have had no problems logging into my Microsoft account.

The error “Err_network_access_denied” indicates a problem at your end. Either a firewall blocking access or a router blocking access or a hardware problem.

--Joe

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1981654 Reply

migongo
        AskWoody Lounger

You are right. I am using WPD telemetry avoider, and I hadn’t noticed that I enabled “block 3rd party applications of MS like Skype, OneDrive, Live, etc.” Many thanks for your help!

• #1981245 Reply

Vincenzo
      AskWoody Lounger

Hotmail still works for me on lastest ver of FF

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Vincenzo.
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft vs Mozilla and Chrome again?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.