News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft Wireless Display toolbar/banner interfering with video using Firefox

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Microsoft Wireless Display toolbar/banner interfering with video using Firefox

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Sparky
        AskWoody Plus

Using Firefox browser and in Microsoft Wireless Display mode (Miracast) and playing videos in full screen mode,  videos are choppy or jerky. I tried two different Wireless Display adapters from two different companies and the problem still exist. I tried MS Edge and Google chrome browsers and the problem disappears.

The problem has some thing to do with the toolbar on top of the desktop screen. When the toolbar is pinned, the problem does not occur. When the toolbar is unpinned, the problem returns. The toolbar or banner is somehow interfering with the video when it is hidden.

Again this only happens when playing videos in full screen mode using Firefox and when the toolbar is unpinned or hidden.

It was happening using W10 version 1809, after moving to version 1903 it still exist, although 1903 made the tool bar smaller and gives the ability to resize it.  The attached picture is how the toolbar looked using W10 version 1809.

Audio is not affected.

Is there a place to report this kind of problem?

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Dell, W10 Professional, 64-bit, Intel Core i7 Quad, Group A

HP, W7 Home Premium, 64-bit, AMD Phenom II, Group A

Attachments:
      • #2087994 Reply
        mledman
        AskWoody Plus

Maybe this?

Fixed inconsistent playback performance for fullscreen 1080p videos on some systems (bug 1608485)

Firefox 72.0.2

Win 10 home - 1909
        Attitude is a choice...Choose wisely

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2088200 Reply
          Sparky
          AskWoody Plus

That bug 1608485 was the problem. I was using Firefox 72.0.1 and Firefox 72.0.2 has the fix. After installing Firefox 72.0.2 and testing it, the problem does not exist.

Version 72.0.2, was first offered to Release channel users on January 20, 2020 (Yesterday)

What is interesting, the bug comments do not mention anything about Microsoft Wireless Display toolbar video interference.

mledman, Thank You for the solution to solve the problem !!
          That was a quick fix.

Dell, W10 Professional, 64-bit, Intel Core i7 Quad, Group A

HP, W7 Home Premium, 64-bit, AMD Phenom II, Group A

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft Wireless Display toolbar/banner interfering with video using Firefox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel