News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft’s “new, free” Win7 – to – Win10 upgrade assistance isn’t new, and it isn’t really free

Home Forums AskWoody blog Microsoft’s “new, free” Win7 – to – Win10 upgrade assistance isn’t new, and it isn’t really free

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 4 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Gregg Keizer had an interesting column this morning in Computerworld about Microsoft’s FastTrack program: “With FastTrack, we help you to envision a t
      [See the full post at: Microsoft’s “new, free” Win7 – to – Win10 upgrade assistance isn’t new, and it isn’t really free]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1907260 Reply

John
      AskWoody Lounger

If you have a good product you do not have to sugar coat it or offer any sort of incentives. Especially deals that benefit Microsoft more then the end users. After four years you would think if people are still avoiding Windows 10 their must be something wrong with it? In my experience I have seen loads of issues upgrading especially older hardware to Windows 10. Some of it workable some things completely break or have reduced function. I can relate that its not just about buying licenses and installing Win 10. Many times its also about purchasing new hardware as well.

• #1907262 Reply

Susan Bradley
      AskWoody MVP

“These are not the droids you are looking for”.  IMHO if any business that has 150 users that hasn’t already migrated SOME of their machines to Windows 10 and found out the issues by now won’t be in business much longer.

Microsoft doesn’t show the love to the micro/small business space as they used to.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1907280 Reply

anonymous

? says:

FREE BEER, TOMORROW!

meanwhile i’m camped out here:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=%202019-8%20Update%20for%20Windows%20

waiting for the summer help to post so i can peer inside…

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft’s “new, free” Win7 – to – Win10 upgrade assistance isn’t new, and it isn’t really free

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel