News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Microsoft's Office 365 crashes worldwide

Posted on Nibbled To Death By Ducks Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories Microsoft's Office 365 crashes worldwide

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mn– 3 weeks ago.

• Author

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/business/microsofts-office-365-crashes-worldwide/

It doesn’t look like Office 365 will be up for all 365 days of this particular year.

The cloud version of Microsoft Office is offline for many users in what seems like a worldwide issue after a network update went haywire.

The company is currently in the process of unwinding the update, which seems to be resolving the issue after close to three hours of dead air.

“While cloud computing is, generally speaking, more reliable than sticking stuff on a server in a dusty brook cupboard, the cloud isn’t infallible,” internet computing expert Ben Kepes tells the Herald.”

Oh, Ben, go jump in the lake. “Dusty brook cupboard”, indeed! Bananas! “The Cloud: Your data on someone else’s server.”

Ah, “The Cloud of Unknowing”*…I am more and more leaning towards Mint Linux and Dual-Boot Win 7 in my next workstation…oh, darn, I forgot: it’s not MY computer any more. <sigh>

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Wait for the all-clear", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't check for updates-Full Manual Mode."
      --
      "...All the people, all the time..." (Peter Ustinov ad-lib from "Logan's Run")

1 user thanked author for this post.
      b
    • #2008350 Reply

mn–
      AskWoody Lounger

The cloud version of Microsoft Office is offline for many users in what seems like a worldwide issue after a network update went haywire.

The company is currently in the process of unwinding the update, which seems to be resolving the issue after close to three hours of dead air.

Hm, didn’t notice anything…

Right, Microsoft says the outage was 00:37 to 03:40 AM, UTC, so ended hours ago. At least officially…:

Final status: We’ve confirmed that reverting the networking update was successful in restoring service functionality; though, we anticipate that some users may still see residual impact as the service progresses to full recovery.

Updated:
      2019-11-20 05:57 (UTC)
      Start time:
      2019-11-20 00:37 (UTC)
      End time:
      2019-11-20 03:40 (UTC)

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Microsoft's Office 365 crashes worldwide

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.