• Microsoft’s Panos Panay on Windows 11: A new era of the PC

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Questions about Windows 11 » Microsoft’s Panos Panay on Windows 11: A new era of the PC

Author
    Topic

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/01/26/a-new-era-of-the-pc/

..Windows 11 is a catalyst for engagement and growth

Since the launch of Windows 11 in October, we have seen strong demand and preference for Windows 11 with people accepting the upgrade offer to Windows 11 at twice the rate we saw for Windows 10. Windows 11 also has the highest quality scores and product satisfaction of any version of Windows we’ve ever shipped. Product quality was a huge focus for the team, and we took a deliberate and phased approach to how we rolled out the upgrade. Today, we’re excited to share that the upgrade offer to Windows 11 is beginning to enter its final phase of availability putting us ahead of our initial plan of mid-2021. Windows 11 is driving increased engagement with people spending 40% more time on their Windows 11 PC vs Windows 10. The multitasking and productivity advantages of the Windows PC are being used more than ever with nearly half of Windows 11 users using the new Snap Layouts.

Windows 11 is also helping drive 3X more traffic to the newly redesigned Microsoft Store.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

I read that blog.  I always go “who are they asking? Where are they asking” because I still see a ton of people complaining about the center menu.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.

I always go “who are they asking? Where are they asking”

Probably Microsoft’s employees and QA members ? 🙂

Does that “Center Menu” not go away?  Does it block the nice wallpaper you want to use?  Can you even use your own choice of wallpaper?  Just wondering.

We're getting Sticker Shock everywhere now, not just car dealers.

You can move it to the left and you can buy/or use any number of third party tools to customize it.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.

Is that an official admittance that doing anything in Windows 11 takes 40% more time than the same in Windows 10?

8 users thanked author for this post.

Is that an official admittance that doing anything in Windows 11 takes 40% more time than the same in Windows 10?

Best post of the day!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: Microsoft’s Panos Panay on Windows 11: A new era of the PC

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.