News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Missing message issues plague Mail users in macOS Catalina

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS Missing message issues plague Mail users in macOS Catalina

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 1 month ago.

• Author

b
      AskWoody Plus

Users are reporting issues with the loss of data in Apple’s Mail app following the update to macOS 10.15 Catalina, an issue that could lead to the data being made unavailable on other clients that access the same mailboxes.

Missing message issues plague Mail users in macOS Catalina

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

• #1980570 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

That sounds nasty.

Maybe it is because, back then, there was not the same interest in macOS, including the teething problems of a new version, here at Woody’s as there is now. But I don’t remember so many early problems being mentioned when first High Sierra (that I skipped), or Mojave (that I have now in the Mac) first came out. Although I still waited for some months, even after the first big patch to Mojave was released, before taking the jump from Sierra to Mojave.

I expect that, some months from now, all this can be sorted out, so it will be OK to move on to Catalina (for those that choose to do so).

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1980664 Reply

mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

That sounds nasty.
        … …
        I expect that, some months from now, all this can be sorted out, so it will be OK to move on to Catalina (for those that choose to do so).

Funnily enough – the described symptoms match one specific condition that was considered a “Feature” on Microsoft Outlook for years.

The difference hopefully being that the Outlook permanent data loss issue usually only affected certain kinds of error report mails…?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1981453 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Another reason to delay Catalina for a bit.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Missing message issues plague Mail users in macOS Catalina

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.