News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Missing the deleted Microsoft TechNet and MSDN blogs? They’re all available, archived on OneDrive.

Home Forums AskWoody blog Missing the deleted Microsoft TechNet and MSDN blogs? They’re all available, archived on OneDrive.

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Alex5723 4 days, 12 hours ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Microsoft recently deleted all of the old Office 2010, Windows 7 and Windows 8 blogs – along with dozens of additional oldies but goodies. (OK, I have
      [See the full post at: Missing the deleted Microsoft TechNet and MSDN blogs? They’re all available, archived on OneDrive.]

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #363363 Reply

anonymous

Thanks to both COYOTE and Woody’s Lounge for this gold mine of information needed to keep our systems running. As I plan to continue using Windows 7 and Office 2010 (until I die), I just chose to “DOWNLOAD ALL”. The disk cost is less than 360 MB so well worth it. As a general rule, I always download something I see that is or could be useful to me or someone I know, because there’s no guarantee it will be there tomorrow. I have over 16 TB of downloads. Streaming is for hipsters, I’m old school, give me a download so I can look at it when I want to, not when corporate wants me to.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #363369 Reply

anonymous

UPDATE

The “DOWNLOAD ALL” option only downloads the MSFT zipped file. The other 25 folders must be individually downloaded at a disk cost of 2 GB.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #363389 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

On OneDrive, of all things.

Google Drive?

Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Saluted blockhead "Finger sharpener" (Group ASAP) WX1903

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #363394 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Heh heh heh.

Looks like Microsoft has relented, and will post the archives – at some point, somewhere.

I’d be tempted to host them here, too, if they’re too hard to find. There’s a lot of good stuff in there.

• #365358 Reply

masterX244
          AskWoody Lounger

Best way for now to store stuff like that is the Internet archive @ archive.org (you can upload files to be stored, there)

• #373914 Reply

anonymous

I’m probably missing the joke, but I think @b was pointing out that the topic says they are stored on OneDrive but the link is actually for Google Drive.

b
    • #401127 Reply

anonymous

That’s not even the tip of the iceberg… and thousands of blogs got wiped.

• #436575 Reply

anonymous

Flattered to see that I made the list above 😉

Please also see this post for an update (as mentioned above).

Cheers,

Rhoderick Milne    – MSFT

• #441511 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

A big THANK YOU from the, oh, 500 million people who are still using Win7.

• #508444 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft re-activated thousands of MSDN and TechNet blogs.

Thank you for your patience, we have now re-activated thousands of MSDN and TechNet blogs while we continue to work on the longer-term blog archive.

https://twitter.com/MSDNService/status/1118186707831013376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1118186707831013376&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbetanews.com%2F2019%2F04%2F17%2Fmicrosoft-restores-technent-msdn-blogs%2F

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Missing the deleted Microsoft TechNet and MSDN blogs? They’re all available, archived on OneDrive.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.