News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Monitor blinks on off after Janaury 14 patches

Posted on mjohnson007 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Monitor blinks on off after Janaury 14 patches

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

mjohnson007
      AskWoody Lounger

We now have some PCs in our company that,  since patch Tuesday on the 14th,  have been experiencing their monitor blink off and then back on sporadically.

Anyone else having this issue?

Issue was not seen prior to the recent patches.

Mark

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2086296 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

What version of Win10 do you have? 1809, 1903, 1909?

• #2086308 Reply

anonymous

Win 10 1909 is the feature build we are all on.

• #2086407 Reply

Bundaburra
      AskWoody Plus

What video card(s) / video driver(s) are you using?  Could be time for an update?  Check your current version(s) in Device Manager, then check the manufacturer’s website to see if a new version is available.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909

• #2086544 Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

One of my customers had a video problem after I upgraded her from 1709 to 1909. Device Manager showed video and chipset driver problems, so I downloaded the video and chipset drivers from Dell and installed them on the user’s PC. I was then able to fiddle around with the video and get it pretty good (but not perfect). My customer may have done further tweaks on it to make it even better, but I don’t know, because she was going to call me if she wanted me to look at it again, and she never called me.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Monitor blinks on off after Janaury 14 patches

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.