News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Monitor placement

Posted on dturnidge Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 3 months ago.

• Author

dturnidge
      AskWoody Plus

Resolved… Amazing how the “apply” button didn’t reveal itself until AFTER I sent this message…

I have two 27″ monitors. The left one is landscape, and the right one is portrait.

The right monitor has been “blanking” out – going black, off and on. In attempting to find out what is the problem, I have switched the cables from one monitor to the other. The idea being that if the right monitor still blanks out, it is the monitor’s problem. If it moves to the left monitor, it is a video card problem.

However, to confuse the issue further, each monitor has a different cable – HDMI and DVI.

So, now my problem. I want the portrait monitor to be monitor 1 to the right of monitor 2. However, after making my change, monitor 1 keeps moving back to the left of monitor 2 – and therefore the mouse has to go to the right to get to the left monitor.

I’m wondering if it is because of the different cables? Why won’t monitor 1 stay to the right?

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by  dturnidge.
    • #1839844 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Monitor position is normally determined by the video card. What card(s) do you have?

cheers, Paul

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Monitor placement

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.