News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • More Surface Pro battery blues: Thurrott quoting Barb Bowman

Home Forums AskWoody blog More Surface Pro battery blues: Thurrott quoting Barb Bowman

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Barb Bowman has pulled together a lot of information about bad batteries in the Surface Pro 5 and 6. Bottom line: Microsoft caused the problem (probab
      [See the full post at: More Surface Pro battery blues: Thurrott quoting Barb Bowman]

• #1918473 Reply

Ascaris
      AskWoody_MVP

Honestly, this is the problem with Surface: It’s a small business that moves slowly, especially when it comes to responding to issues. It tarnishes the whole brand.

It does, of course, but at this point it doesn’t seem like there is that much more tarnishing that is possible, with all of the issues that have been reported with the Surface series.  Just hearing the name “Surface” means “trouble” to me now, and I would hope that anyone considering buying one will have heard the same.  Maybe they’re dazzled by the MS name enough to assume that if anything happened, MS would have their back the same way they assume Apple would.

I’m not sure what the size of the Surface business has to do with the speed of responding to complaints, though.  The Surface division doesn’t have the revenue of Lenovo, but MS itself is (of course) far from a small business.  They have the resources to fix the problem if they want to.

Not only that, but I have gotten better service than that from businesses on the smaller end of the scale.  I’ve had extraordinary service from EVGA over the years, and their annual revenue ($47M) is two orders of magnitude smaller than what Ed Bott calculated to be the annual Surface revenue ($5G).

Group "L" (KDE Neon User Edition 5.16.5).

• #1918825 Reply

anonymous

If people perceive Microsoft Surface gadgets as troublesome can that be worse than death for a product line?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: More Surface Pro battery blues: Thurrott quoting Barb Bowman

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.