News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Mouse settings NOT preserved after reboot

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Mouse settings NOT preserved after reboot

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Nuyorker
        AskWoody Plus

More an annoyance than a problem is that my Logitech wireless mouse cursor speed gets reset to the default setting upon reboot. This is on a dual-boot system, both are Windows 10 Pro. When I boot into the other, happens to be an Insider install, no problem. I have no similar problem on another Win 10 Pro on a second machine nor does my wife with a Logitech wireless mouse on her machine.

Is it Windows, Logitech or me?

TIA

anonymous

Have you tried updating the Logitech drivers for the mouse?
        Perhaps they are older drivers than the other computers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Nuyorker
          AskWoody Plus

The problem was with me!  I installed Logitech’s Setpoint software years ago.  So I had the HID-compliant and the Logitech drivers.  I kept changing the cursor speed in Windows Mouse when I should have used Setpoint which also has a speed setting.  That setting remains after re-booting.

EDIT html to text – content may not appear as intended (pls refer here)

anonymous

Assuming you’re using Logitech drivers, try new drivers as suggested above then an uninstall/reinstall if new drivers don’t fix the problem. Most mice work with no specific drivers installed, windows has them.  Usually manufacturer drivers work better and have more settings.

b
        AskWoody MVP

Check in Device Manager: If the Logitech mouse shows up twice, disable or delete one:

Solved: Logitech SetPoint settings are lost after a reboot

(Worked for many in the comments over seven years.)

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Mouse settings NOT preserved after reboot

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.