News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Move Email Folder into Documents Folder in Win10 For Backup

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update Move Email Folder into Documents Folder in Win10 For Backup

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        CT47
        AskWoody Plus

There was an older article by Woody telling how to move a copy of your email folder into your Documents folder so it would be included when a backup of the Documents folder was accomplished. That way you had a local copy of your emails. After searching the site unsuccessfully I sure could use some help. I think it was written for Win 7 and Windows Live Mail. I now have Win 10 and use the email program provided by Spectrum Cable but I would switch back to the email app that came with win 10 it I had to. Thanks in advance.
        CT47

• #2271927 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I am using the free MailStore Home to backup my Gmail mail.
        You can restore, search…

Support for :

Internet mailboxes such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail
        Any POP3 and IMAP mailboxes
        Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
        Windows Mail und Windows Live Mail
        Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 mailboxes
        Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online)
        Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
        PST, EML and other files

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2272007 Reply
          CT47
          AskWoody Plus

Thank You for your suggestion. I will check it out when I get a short while of free time.

CT47

• #2277564 Reply
          CT47
          AskWoody Plus

Alex5723

Thanks for your suggestion. I finally got to try out MailStore Home. It does everything I wanted plus a lot more. Sorry for the belated reply but have been super busy. If anyone else needs an email archiver I suggest you try this. Not sure how to put a link to this but if you Google the name i’m sure you can get this  or do like I did and use the link Alex5723 provided in his reply above.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Move Email Folder into Documents Folder in Win10 For Backup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.