News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Moving from 1903 to 1909

Posted on LaBungee Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    • This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        LaBungee
        AskWoody Plus

I have been on Windows 10 1903 for a while now.  I may have been given the opportunity to upgrade to 1909, some time ago.  However, it possibly was shortly after moving to 1903 and I wasn’t ready, yet.

Now that Windows 10 2004 is coming out (Microsoft says my PC is not ready for it yet), I have been wondering if I should upgrade to 1909, to be ready for 2004, if and when it is available for me and Woody recommends it.

So upgrade to 1909 now or not, to be ready for 2004?  If so, how should I do it?  It is not shown in Windows Update on my PC.  That only shows the notification that my PC is not ready for Windows 10 2004.  All other updates have been installed on my PC, including KB4524570.

Thank you.

• #2269518 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Woody recommends upgrading to v1909.

If you have Win10 Home Edition, you can download the Windows ISO Download Tool from Heidoc.net. Use the tool on your computer to download the v1909 ISO (Build 18363). Using the ISO, you can either mount the ISO and run setup.exe, or create bootable media (DVD/USB) for the install.

If you have Win10 Pro Edition, you can set the Feature deferral pulldown in Windows Update\Advanced settings to 150 days and v1909 will be offered through Windows update. When doing so, you should have NO Pause set and metered connections should be OFF.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Moving from 1903 to 1909

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.