News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Mozilla Support forum

Posted on WSmipendance Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by

WSmipendance 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

WSmipendance
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi – posted a message to the support forum and cannot find the post. I am duly logged in, but no post.Searched their sites for help in finding the message, but didn’t find an answer, other than one from 2011 that was no longer available.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• #1591794 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Ask again?

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/"Sucker" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

• #1591796 Reply

WSRolandJS
      AskWoody Plus

And, ask your question in here also; some of us are fairly good with Mozilla Firefox and/or Thunderbird.

• #1591804 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

But you must tell us you have posted on both sites – ditto on the other site.

cheers, Paul

• #1591815 Reply

WSmipendance
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks all. My question is how to delete, permanently, the blank “New Tab” tab in Firefox. It just takes up real estate.
      (Still cannot find my post on the Mozilla forum site)
      (Version 51.0.1, but also previous versions)

• #1591819 Reply

WSRolandJS
      AskWoody Plus

You might have to install Session Manager, which can be set, doing that setting just once, to only open the tabs at the beginning of each and every FF session you want.

• #1591820 Reply

WSmipendance
      AskWoody Lounger

Thank you

• #1591832 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Only the + sign is there by default:

46784-Firefox

If you also have a New Tab tab:

46785-FirefoxNewTab

you should close it, then save at Menu, Options, General, Startup, Use Current Pages.

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/"Sucker" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

Attachments:
    • #1591880 Reply

ScotchJohn
      AskWoody Plus

Some of the settings that you say you are looking for may be available in the Tab Mix Plus and/or Classic Theme Restorer Firefox extensions. TMP gives you the ability to specify the tab width between two values, max and min.

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

• #1591898 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

I went with BruceR solution [#8] the other day on a client’s computer for the same reason, closing the Blank page and resetting the Home page in his manner works fine.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Mozilla Support forum

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.