News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • MS-DEFCON 4 – reminder for December updates

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog MS-DEFCON 4 – reminder for December updates

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        Manager

Just a reminder – it’s time to install the December updates.  If you received a bit of an unusual alert tonight/this morning that had a heading of Nov
        [See the full post at: MS-DEFCON 4 – reminder for December updates]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.
        dhdoyle
        AskWoody Plus

This is weird. Neither of my machines running Windows 10 Pro 1909 have gotten any November updates: no SSU and no cumulative update. I ran Belarc Advisor to look for missing updates and the only thing  it reports is stuff regarding Adobe Flash.

Will somebody please give me the KB numbers for these? I’ll see about installing them manually.

Edit: Got the cumulative update KB number from the Master Patch list. No SSU?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by dhdoyle.
        • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by dhdoyle.
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

SSUs seem to be every couple of months, but no guarantee – if it’s not needed…

cheers, Paul

anonymous

Windows 10/1909 Home just patched for Dec and really that was a sparse offering for me with just the Cumulative update and the Defender definition updates. I’m not using that laptop as much when it’s booted into 10 as I’ve gotten Mint 20 installed for daily web surfing and I can’t help but notice how little my laptop’s fans spin up when in Mint compared to 10 where all sorts of background tasks come to life and eat the CPU cycles generating extra heat that the fans spin up to dissipate.

But the patching went as expected and that’s that for 2020 and now it’s 2021 and 10/1909 Home is on borrowed time with that May 11, 2021 the deadline for me/others. And I’m getting offered 20H2 offered but I’m not taking that until the last possible days of 1909 for the non privileged end users!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: MS-DEFCON 4 – reminder for December updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.