News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • MS Essentials manual download security updates

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 MS Essentials manual download security updates

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

anonymous

I am still running Windows 7Pro 64 and will be for a while. Windows Update has, as expected, ceased providing the updates for my antivirus scanner, MS Security Essentials. Was prepared to uninstall the program and move to other security software. However, I have noticed that if I open the MS Essentials program and do a manual antivirus update search, the program will still search and download the latest definitions. Is this going to last, or do we know? Thanks for any input.

• #2089088 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

There will be no further program (engine) updates, but MSE will continue to receive definition updates for at least 18 months per MS.

• #2089246 Reply

anonymous

Thanks. Your answer clears up the confusion. Well, as with all things Windows, not exactly, but enough to remind me it’s past time to move on.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: MS Essentials manual download security updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.