News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Multiple ISO Files on USB

Home Forums Tools Multiple ISO Files on USB

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help with non-bootable ISOs.

In my company we get 5 DVDs with different data that we need to calibrate different machines.

These DVDs are updated every 3-4 months.

When you open manufacturers program while you are connected to machine (and the right DVD is in laptop), it automatically recognizes that the calibration needed is inside and shows you.

As it’s really frustrating depending on those DVDs, because you depend on DVDs being scratched or optical drive stopping working, I wanted to put all 5 DVDs on a USB, and have it as if I have all DVDs in my laptop at the same time (or maybe 1 at least, but no hassle of changing disks).

Please tell me if this is possible, and if yes, how to do it.

My laptop has Win10, if this helps.

• #2280364 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

You can’t easily automate the mounting of the 5 DVDs, but you can put them all on one USB as ISO files, then double click on the ISO file to mount it in W10 – don’t forget to eject the mounted ISO after use.
        I use ISORecorder (allows you to right click on the CD/DVD to create the ISO), you can also try BurnAware.

1. Insert DVD 1.
        2. Create an ISO image on your PC.
        3. Repeat for all DVDs.
        4. Copy the ISO files to USB stick.
        5. Insert USB in the computer to be updated.
        6. Open Explorer and double click on each ISO in turn. (Hopefully) the update will start.
        7. Eject each ISO in Explorer as you go.

cheers, Paul

• #2280474 Reply
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

Once you have the 5 DVDs saved as ISO files, try something like ImgDrive Portable.

It’s small, free (donation-ware), portable (so can be carried on and used from a USB stick) and the latest version is now *scriptable*.

This means you can use a BAT file or shortcut to automate the mounting of the ISO files, either individually using one drive letter or as a group with successive drive letters.

Hope this helps…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Multiple ISO Files on USB

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.