News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Multiple screens

Posted on WShqc001 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Multiple screens

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        WShqc001
        AskWoody Plus

Hi all,

my laptop is connected to 3 screens. The first one (laptop) shows al the icons and File explorer, the second one the mail, and the third one Firefox.  On power on the third one asks the login password.

What should I do when I want to use the laptop without the 2 other screens so that the login occurs on the laptop screen?

Thanks for your help.

PKCano
        Manager

Is the laptop screen designated as the #1 screen?

b
        AskWoody Plus

What should I do when I want to use the laptop without the 2 other screens so that the login occurs on the laptop screen?

Disconnect the monitors: Windows won’t try to display stuff on a screen which is not connected.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Multiple screens

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.