News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • My little girl's first date

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff My little girl's first date

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Krusty 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

My daughter will be of dating age soon. This is what it will look like:

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1873447 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

I find this topic and this approach rather chauvinistic.

Far better that you teach your children to recognize danger signals, avoidance of problems, and what to do in uncomfortable or dangerous situations.

Further, this topic doesn’t belong here.

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall
      • #1873890 Reply

MrJimPhelps
        AskWoody_MVP

The name of this forum is “Outside the box / fun stuff”. In other words, the only reason I posted it was because I thought it was funny, not because I thought it had anything to do with technology.

In fact, there is a technology element – the ability to track where your car goes.

I’ve always thought that the idea of “chauvinism” dealt with how a man related to a woman, not how a father relates to his child.

Apparently you have never had a daughter. I’m now on my 2nd daughter, and it’s a bad world out there. The first time around, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my daughter’s boyfriend not only put up with my over-protectiveness, but he sincerely tried to meet my “demands”. In other words, he proved that he would do his best to treat her right.

I definitely teach my daughters to watch out for the danger signs. And quite frankly, he had a tougher time passing her tests than he did mine.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
        with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
    • #1873506 Reply

tonyl
      AskWoody Lounger

Wow, sense of humour failure.

• #1873948 Reply

doriel
      AskWoody Lounger

Ive got more humor to share 🙂

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
      --- Thomas A. Edison

Attachments:
    • #1922244 Reply

Krusty
      AskWoody Lounger

Not that funny but i would be so scared to be honest

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: My little girl's first date

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.