News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• My NAS got the push for 21H1

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 21H1 – May 2021 Update My NAS got the push for 21H1

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        bbearren
        AskWoody MVP

When I RDP’d into my NAS this morning, 21H1 was queued and ready for download and installation, which is happening as I type this.

After the upgrade, I’ll have to go through and rip out the “Special” folders and Quick Access, but I’m not expecting any problem with my drive numbering, since Drive 0 is on an mSATA, and Drive 1 is a RAID 10 array managed by the motherboard and not the OS.  I’ll soon see.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
        "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Susan Bradley
        Manager

I’m assuming everything was okay?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

bbearren
          AskWoody MVP

I’m assuming everything was okay?

Didn’t notice your post until just now.  Another of those distinctive quirks of tacking a forum onto a blog format.

Yes, everything went OK, including ripping out all the “Special Folders” root and branch.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
          "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
          "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

BATcher
        AskWoody_MVP

Another instance of a reversal of meaning between English and US English.
        To “get the push” in the UK usually means that one has been sacked from one’s job!
        When first I read your headline, I presumed that 21H1 had done nasty things to your NAS…

BATcher

Plethora means a lot to me.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: My NAS got the push for 21H1

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.