News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • My Task Bar has moved to the right side of the screen – – – –

Home Forums AskWoody support Connected home / Internet of things Questions: Microsoft Internet-of-Things My Task Bar has moved to the right side of the screen – – – –

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Elly 1 year ago.

• Author

walker
      AskWoody Lounger

I’ve had computers for over 20 years, and never had anything such as this occur previously.   I was working with e-mails etc., and when I started to go to the “shut down”, the entire Task Bar had moved to the right hand side of the screen.

I edited this message because I FINALLY located the answer, and if there is anyone out there that needs EASY help to restore the Task Bar to the default position please just ask, and I will provide the information or the link.    I AM SO RELIEVED!!!!      🙂

• #174755 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

@walker
      It’s a big icon. Put your cursor on a blank place in the taskbar, hold down the left mouse button, and drag it to the bottom.

Then right click on it and check “Lock the taskbar” so it won’t happen again.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #174761 Reply

walker
        AskWoody Lounger

@pkcano:    Thank you so very, very much for providing help.    I must have found my answer shortly before you sent yours in the message.   I appreciate your help more than words can say – – – – I learned something very valuable today, and can’t begin to say “thank you” enough for providing the expert information that you did!    You are an absolutely outstanding STAR, and your knowledge of computers is amazing.    I appreciate all of your hard work, and assistance which you provide to all of our members.      I don’t know what we would do without you!    🙂

• #174810 Reply

Elly
        AskWoody MVP

I knew how to change where the taskbar sits… but did not know about locking it! Such a little thing can cause a lot of frustration, so thank you for the info.

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: My Task Bar has moved to the right side of the screen – – – –

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.