• My Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766) was offered Windows 11

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Windows 11 version 21H2 – Original release » My Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766) was offered Windows 11

Author
    Topic

As the OP title says, Windows 11 has been offered (and accepted) through Windows Update to the Windows 10 side of my dual boot Daily Driver.  It’s downloading as I’m typing this.  I’ll see how well this update works with my modified Windows 10 Pro.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
    We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. We don't all have to do the same things.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

It didn’t really take this long, I had a couple of chores and errands to work in as well. The upgrade went smoothly, no hiccups. StartIsBack++ got kicked to the curb, but I was expecting that. I’m gonna use the Windows Start Menu for a while. After the upgrade I went to Windows Update and had four to download and install:

KB4023057 Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems
      KB5013889 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64
      KB5014668 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems
      Windows Intelligence Update

Once that was finished, I opened Services and disabled BitLocker, Storage Service, VSS, and Windows Search, services that I neither need nor use. There are some more that I’ll get to later. Next I booted into BootIt UEFI and deleted the Recovery partition in the OS partition and reclaimed that space.  I also did my usual registry pruning to expunge those ‘Special Folders’.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
      We all have our own reasons for doing the things that we do. We don't all have to do the same things.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: My Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766) was offered Windows 11

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: