News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • MyAnalytics

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

I was overjoyed this morning when I received an email from Microsoft letting me know that MyAnalytics is now on in my Office 365 account! Think of it – Microsoft will be watching everything I do when I’m in Office (including my emails) and giving me an analysis of it!

Actually, the first thought I had when I saw the email was, HOW DO I TURN THIS THING OFF?

I logged into office.com and ran MyAnalytics, then went into Settings. I was able to turn it off. After doing that, I was greeted with the following notice:

“Important: It may take up to a week for all changes to take effect.”

How about that. Even though I turn it off right now, it could take a week for it to fully shut off. I wonder what it will be doing during the upcoming week? Will it still be “analyzing” my every move?

This reminds me of some web sites which allow you to opt out of further emails, but tell you that it could take a week or longer for the emails to stop; while other web sites stop the emails instantly.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: MyAnalytics

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.