News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Need to Increase font sizes in Windows 10 Windows

Posted on grandma78633 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update Need to Increase font sizes in Windows 10 Windows

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        grandma78633
        AskWoody Plus

Windows 10 2004
        I have difficulty reading Windows default font sizes as in File Explorer.
        I use a laptop with screen extended onto a 32″ Asus monitor with resolution of 1920 x 1080 (recommended).
        I have moved “Scale and layout” up to 150 with no results.
        I have gone into “Ease of Access / Display” settings and used the “make text bigger” slider, but it does not affect File Explorer.  I can increase fonts in my browsers, but not in the default Windows Windows like File Explorer.  Do hope you can help!!!Sample File Explorer

Attachments:
      • #2296306 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

may be a silly answer: have you restarted the device after applying the font size changes?
        Sometimes fonts can’t be applied system wide until a restart is done.

Win8.1 Pro | Linux Hybrids | Win7 Pro O/L | WinXP O/L
      • #2296313 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I use the free portable System Font Size Changer

System Font Size Changer is a text display repair tool. It enables to change the font sizes used by the system. The program was created as a consequence of the fact that Microsoft has removed this option in the Windows 10 Creators Update version.

Another issue with the Windows 10 Creators Update is that in upgrade installation mode the previously set font sizes return to default, that is, to small size.

Attachments:
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Need to Increase font sizes in Windows 10 Windows

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.