News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Neither Exchange nor GMail will connect

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Neither Exchange nor GMail will connect

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        CWBillow
        AskWoody Lounger

The internet connection is good — I am on it now.  My AOL account set up fine.  But my Exchange account will not connect, nor my GMail account.

The Exchange just does not connect.

For the GMail account, I had found some time back that the settings needed were/are

imap.googlemail.com and smtp.googlemail.com respectively instead of *.gmail.com.
        Now those settings won’t work either.
        What do I need to do to correct these two accounts?

Chuck Billow

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I use imap.googlemail.com and port 993 in Thunderbird. Working fine here.

cheers, Paul

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

How are you accessing the accounts? Web, Outlook, other third party email app?

--Joe

CWBillow
        AskWoody Lounger

Joe, Outlook 365.  And this morning the Exchange account connected (?), But the GMail is still not online.

Chuck Billow

CWBillow
        AskWoody Lounger

Joe, I found that Google (?) Had turned off the access to less secure apps ( https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps) and it now seems to connect fine.

Chuck Billow

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Neither Exchange nor GMail will connect

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.