News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Network Extender Interfering with Security System

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Connected home / Internet of things Questions: Other home/IoT products Network Extender Interfering with Security System

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nathan Parker 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m working on a strange issue where a Verizon Network Extender is interfering with a SimpliSafe Security System when the Network Extender is plugged in (the system won’t arm or disarm when the Network Extender is plugged in). It’s the LTE Network Extender, so there’s not a way to whitelist the number of the SimpliSafe Base Station in the system (which was what I was going to try first).

Does anyone happen to know what would resolve this issue, or would it be better in this use case just to enable Wi-Fi calling on all phones (since the area has solid Wi-Fi throughout the home)?

I’m also having issues trying to get the SimpliSafe Base Station to connect to Wi-Fi. Been talking with SimpliSafe Support and the ISP who manages the Wi-Fi WAP to see what I can do. Adding the MAC address of the SimpliSafe Base Station to the WAP with DHCP Reservation and Port Forwarding the port the Base Station connects to SimpliSafe didn’t work. Apparently the WAP had a firmware update which kicked the SimpliSafe Base Station offline. Wonder if there’s a setting that’s interfering.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Network Extender Interfering with Security System

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.