News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • New Chredge logo

Home Forums AskWoody blog New Chredge logo

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 23 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  EP 1 week ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

When Microsoft finally releases the new Chromium-based version of Edge, this will likely be the logo. Thx Paul Thurrott.
      [See the full post at: New Chredge logo]

• #1998281 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

Wow! that’s a big logo..I’ll need a bigger monitor now 😉
      Obviously a lot of thought has went into the design-colors
      to look like a white sink-plug-hole SLURPP

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #1999126 Reply

JCCWsusser
        AskWoody Plus

Surf’s UP!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #1999174 Reply

Microfix
          Da Boss

ah! the hidden game within the browser ‘Let’s Surf’

• #1999324 Reply

anonymous

No, it’s a tidal wave of Fixing just one day after Windows 7’s EOL and that’s just like anything new from the folks in Redmond.

I guess that any Windows 7 consumer version folks will not have to worry much about fixing and Edge/Chromium “RTM” issues or maybe MS will allow 7 and 8.1 users to join in the crowd fixing along with the already overtaxed Windows 10 end users who have so much more pain to go through.

Do you know how often a Windows OS end user actually sees a MS QA/QC person? Every time they look in a mirror.

• #1998293 Reply

John
      AskWoody Lounger

Well at least it won’t be confused with Internet Explorer now. Sort of looks to me like Microsoft mixed Firefox, Chrome, and IE icons all together and this is what was created.

• #1998310 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

Going to get a bit crowded down there on the old Task Bar. IE11, Edge (the original and unloved) FireFox 70 and now Chredge.
      Purposefully never took the Beta’s of Chredge for a Test Drive. Think i’ll wait a while before the inevitable Bugs get “Shook out” and with the brand new “loud” Logo might have to wear sunglasses at first logon of the day. 😉

• #1998375 Reply

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

When I first looked at it I thought: Waterfox has another icon out?
      Then of course I read the article.

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

• #1998386 Reply

jhvance
      AskWoody Lounger

Will it bark a “Woof!” audio clip when launched…?

• #1998422 Reply

Geo
      AskWoody Plus

I thought it was the new logo  for “Cheer” detergent .

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Geo.
    • #1998444 Reply

anonymous

woody wrote:
      New Chredge logo

Well, I guess if woody is now calling it “Chredge” then the all-important nickname question has been authoritatively answered.

Personally I’d been rooting for “Edgium”, as I thought it sounded, well, edgier – and yummier… ;{D>

• #1999323 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

I’ve been swayed by Mary Jo….

Attachments:
    • #1998472 Reply

warrenrumak
      AskWoody Plus

Going to get a bit crowded down there on the old Task Bar. IE11, Edge (the original and unloved) FireFox 70 and now Chredge.
      Purposefully never took the Beta’s of Chredge for a Test Drive. Think i’ll wait a while before the inevitable Bugs get “Shook out” and with the brand new “loud” Logo might have to wear sunglasses at first logon of the day. 😉

Microsoft has already stated that Chromium Edge will be replacing the old Edge:
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-sysupdate-windows-updates

There’s also no need to keep the IE11 icon.  Chromium Edge has an “IE Mode” built in; you can choose which sites should run in IE11.  The only things that aren’t supported are IE toolbars, and IE11’s developer tools.  Details here:
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/edge-ie-mode

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1998725 Reply

Mele20
      AskWoody Lounger

That is extraordinarily UGLY.

• #1998946 Reply

Microfix
        Da Boss

The logo will blend in nicely with the W10 GUI then 🙂

• #1999690 Reply

EP
        AskWoody_MVP

yup, I’m also another one of the few that despises this new logo for Edge

reading a comment on Neowin that this new Edge logo is like a “rotated Firefox icon” with different colors

• #1999173 Reply

cptomes
      AskWoody Plus

yay!  another c**p m$ app to uninstall during update/config.

Hey look! Another Feature Update!

You mean I shouldn't click Check for Updates?

Why does it keep saying "Something Happened"?

• #1999177 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

“Chredge” release candidate has been released. Public release on Jan. 15 2020.

• #1999320 Reply

F A Kramer
      AskWoody Plus

Looks like the sort of thing that we had to determine the volume of using triple integrals in Calculus years ago. No Thanks… I passed Calc once and have no desire to go back.

• #1999379 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Chromium-based means based on Chromium the browser? Or on Chromium OS?

If the former, how different it might be expected to be from Chrome?

Besides that, if I remember correctly, there is going to be a version for Macs as well as for Windows. (Don’t remember hearing anything about one for Linux.)

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #1999389 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Based on the Chromium browser but with the Google services removed.

There is a version for Windows 7, 8.1, Server 2016 and above, Server 2008 R2 to 2012 R2, macOS, IOS, & Android

--Joe

• #1999410 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Blue Wave 2020?

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

• #1999447 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

(Don’t remember hearing anything about one for Linux.)

There will be a Linux version too, but who needs it ?

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-chromium-powered-edge-browser-might-come-to-linux

Attachments:

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: New Chredge logo

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.