News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • New Header on Settings > Home screen?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update New Header on Settings > Home screen?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Running Win 10 Pro x64, ver 1909 updated through October.

Today I noticed that my Settings > Home page now has a Header appearing that shows my User Name and Picture, One Drive, and Windows status.

What’s up with that?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2304816 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Microsoft re-enabled the header in version 1909 and later via a server-side change. It is supposed to expose important information and give you quick links to those areas.

--Joe

• #2305239 Reply
        JohnW
        AskWoody Plus

I use a local account only and avoid all things Microsoft Store related, have disabled online search, as well as Cortana.

All I see on the new settings status header here is that I have a Windows Update waiting for my attention.

Windows 10 Pro 2004.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: New Header on Settings > Home screen?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.