News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • New pop up about Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows 7?

Posted on spetho2001 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 New pop up about Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows 7?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EP 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

spetho2001
      AskWoody Lounger

This morning 4/18/2019 I started getting a pop up ,when I start my computer, about Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows 7 next Jan. What update did this come form? Anyone know? Thank you, TomS

• #556067 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

That popup came from KB4493132 – and there will be repeats. Hide it every time you see it!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #589702 Reply

davinci953
      AskWoody Plus

That popup came from KB4493132 – and there will be repeats. Hide it every time you see it!!

Yep, I just ran WU to see what was in the chute, and KB4493132 was there again.

• #694090 Reply

spetho2001
      AskWoody Lounger

I see in in my installed updates under Windows  4/10/2019.  It seems like I read about some updates that can not be uninstalled. This is not one of them is it? Thank you TomS

• #725081 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

This is not one of them is it?

Have you tried uninstalling it? Let us know it it won’t uninstall.

cheers, Paul

• #852814 Reply

spetho2001
      AskWoody Lounger

Paul, I did uninstall it and then I hid it. I hate checking every update that Microsoft send out AGAIN. I did it when Windows 10 first came out and now I have got to start doing it again?

• #853485 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

KB4493132 may come out with new versions like V3 or V4 as time goes on until EOL on Jan. 2020
      note: these popups from KB4493132 only show up on “consumer” editions of Windows 7 such as Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and Ultimate. they never show up on Professional, Enterprise & Embedded editions of Windows 7, including Server 2008 R2 (the server counterpart of Windows 7)

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: New pop up about Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows 7?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.