News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• New Updates KB5004331, KB5004296

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 21H1 – May 2021 Update New Updates KB5004331, KB5004296

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        MannieG
        AskWoody Plus

For those who might be interested, I have just got the following updates come through on all of my PCs:

2021-07 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 (KB5004331)

2021-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5004296)

Don’t know if these are old & just missed previously or completely new.

b
        AskWoody MVP

Thanks. They’re both new previews released today.

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1263 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

Susan Bradley
        Manager

Took them long enough.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

anonymous

Took them long enough.

I fondly remember when Woody was in charge, previews were not recommended and was proudly stated as an immediate reply. Not sure what the new administration is all about these days with a disfunctional site.

hope this helps.

Susan Bradley
          Manager

Please note I’m not recommending you install them.  I’m reacting to the fact that this is Thursday of the “D” week (fourth) and they are supposed to come out on the “C” (third) week.  They are EXTREMELY slow this month and I was honestly hoping they’d have an out of band for the other print spooler update.  This administration hasn’t changed in regards to previews.

And if you really want to help, hop on over to the Forum: Suggestions about improving the Lounge @ AskWoody section and let me know what you’d like to see changed.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
        anonymous

Hello,
        I have KB5004331 for Windows version 21H1 and i cannot print a pdf through any application. The computer just bluescreens. Ive checked everything else and my printers wirk fine with other file formats. Is there a workaround or patch to resolve this issue?

Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

Can you print anything? Is it just PDFs?
          Try a different PDF reader.

cheers, Paul

anonymous

Is their a way to stop the KB5004331 from trying to load.
        It does not load but it keeps trying to install.
        It goes from 0% to 100% and back to 0%.

Paul T
          AskWoody MVP

Windows Update will attempt to install patches as long as you allow it. You could set your network connection to “metered” in the short term until you can work out what is wrong.

I would check the WU logs to see what error message you are getting. It may be a simple fix.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: New Updates KB5004331, KB5004296

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.