News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Newest Libre Office Writer frustrates me

Posted on areader Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Word and word processing help Newest Libre Office Writer frustrates me

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        areader
        AskWoody Plus

I updated to 6.3.3.2 and suddenly inserting images screws up the page layout. I leave space for the picture and copy/paste or drag/drop the jpg file to where I want it. Everything looks fine, but the export to PDF is suddenly 2 columns, with the image on the right and the printed stuff on the left, moved up to where the top of the image is. When I try to fix it, nothing happens because the image doesn’t take up space on the page: the cursor jumps from the last line of type (or blank line) directly to the line below the image. It didn’t do that before! How do I fix this?

• #2111634 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I updated to 6.3.3.2

LibreOffice 6.4 is out.
        https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

• #2111832 Reply
          areader
          AskWoody Plus

I upgraded and it didn’t change this behavior.

• #2111637 Reply
        anonymous

from the libreoffice pages:

WRITER
        A Table panel has been added to the Sidebar.
        Comments can now be marked as resolved. In addition, it’s now possible to add comments to images and charts inside text documents.
        Cutting, copying and pasting of tables has been improved, with a new Paste Special menu option “Paste as Nested Table”.

source: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2020/01/29/libreoffice-6-4/
        so upgrading to 6.4 should fix this issue.

• #2111721 Reply
          areader
          AskWoody Plus

I’m not adding a short comment; the documents are, for the most part, a title, 2 blank lines, an image, 1 blank line and then all the rest of the text.  I  complete all the text with all its formatting before I insert the image and I want the text to move down below the inserted image.

• #2113644 Reply
        areader
        AskWoody Plus

To all who tried to help: I completely removed the newest LibreOffice using Revo Uninstaller, restarted the computer and reinstalled. It’s harder than it was in the old version but I can get images to behave.

Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Newest Libre Office Writer frustrates me

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.