News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • NirLauncher

Posted on joep517 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools NirLauncher

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

joep517 1 month ago.

• Author

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

NirLauncher is a package containing all of the NirSoft utilities. It is updated weekly. NirSoft publishes a huge amount of portable programs which can be very valuable in finding information about almost every aspect of your PC.

See NirLauncher for a download link.

NOTE: Some a/v programs flag several of the NirSoft utilities as malware. As long as you get the programs from the NirSoft site you can be sure they are NOT malware.

--Joe

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by
         joep517. Reason: added NOTE
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #329691 Reply

anonymous

It is disgraceful that these password recovery programs are still flagged as malware, even though Nir removed the options that made them easier to use with scripting language. I attest to them being a good tools for strictly honest personal use as sometimes recovery may not be possible without that password. Also, a wireless network tool program is declared malware even though you can with a smartphone and a network analyzer application can see the same information.

The standardized native user interface for all of the utilities makes them easier to use along with complete documentation make this program set a good use of disk space for even casual users.

• #329698 Reply

RetiredGeek
      AskWoody MVP

I don’t use the Launcher but I do use the utilities. Since they are portable programs I just place an exception in my AV programs to not scan the NirSoft directory.

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
      Computer Specs

• #329977 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

That is what I’ve done also. First time users may be surprised when some of the programs are flagged.

--Joe

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: NirLauncher

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.