News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Nitro data breach – what does it mean to me?

Home Forums Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories Nitro data breach – what does it mean to me?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

I received notification from “Have I been pwned” that my email was in Nitro PDF data breach. Nitro says, no big deal – nothing to see here, of course!  But maybe sensitive info has been exposed.  I have never used Nitro nor do I have an account, but I guess somewhere along the way, a company I had business with used them.  I have signed online PDFs.  I have no idea if that is what’s been breached, but apparently my email came up on PWNED.  I don’t have a password to change.  I don’t know what, if any, of my data was revealed.  I have a freeze on credit, strong, unique passwords, use a PW mgr, 2FA when possible.   I can’t think of anything I can or should do about this, can you?

This isn’t the first time I’ve been notified of a breach for something I’ve never heard of or used.  Anything we sign up for – we know, but we have no way of knowing where our information goes once others have it.  Or control over who they choose to use for services and how they are/aren’t protecting it, do we? : /

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Nitro data breach – what does it mean to me?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.