News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • No link provided when the BIG file is in one drive and you are attaching it.

Posted on WSbilla Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run No link provided when the BIG file is in one drive and you are attaching it.

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        WSbilla
        AskWoody Plus

I recently went the office365 way and now if I attach a file using the file attach in the email and select it in onedrive I get an error message that it is too big to attach and I should share it. I do not see any way to do this. It would be helpful if I got an option when selecting it to share it from one drive. Not happening.

Always looking for a conversation so I may learn something new and then pass that on.

• #2259619 Reply
        access-mdb
        AskWoody MVP

I’ve just attached a file from OneDrive to an email (granted not a big one) and it came up with two options, share or attach. This is using Outlook. What email application are you using? And how big is BIG?

Edit: I’ve now tried attaching a large (59Mb) file and it said the same as yours. So go to your online OneDrive and share it from there. You can share folders, or individual files.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by access-mdb.
      • #2259639 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Outlook is a mail program. It is not the email provider.
        Many ISPs/email providers limit the size of the attachments that can be sent by email. Perhaps the files are larger than the email provider allows.
        Check with the email provider for the size limit.

• #2259798 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

You’ll receive an error message if you attempt to attach files larger than the maximum size limit. There are a few ways to work around this size limit, including using a file sharing service or compressing the file.

Outlook limits the size of files you can send. This limit prevents your computer from continually trying to upload very large attachments that exceed the limits of most Internet service providers. For Internet email account. such as Outlook.com or Gmail, the combined file size limit is 20 megabytes (MB) and for Exchange accounts (business email), the default combined file size limit is 10 MB.

Save your file to a cloud service and share a link

1. Upload your file to a cloud service, such as OneDrive or Dropbox.

2. After you upload the file, copy the link, and paste it into your email message.

Send large files with Outlook [Microsoft Office Support]

Share OneDrive files and folders [Microsoft Office Support]

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: No link provided when the BIG file is in one drive and you are attaching it.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.