News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • No sign of 2004 in Windows Update

Posted on gtd12345 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update No sign of 2004 in Windows Update

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        gtd12345
        AskWoody Plus

When I run Windows Update on my test laptop (2013 vintage Inspiron), version 2004 does not appear as an option to download.  It is available on my working laptop, but I don’t really want to try it out here yet.  I have read articles saying some people get messages on their laptops that 2004 is not available to them “yet” due to some incompatibility, but I have no reference to it at all.  Anyone else?

• #2268918 Reply
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

On my 1909 desktop, having applied the May updates but with “Feature” updates deferred (via Group Policy), wushowhide said there were no updates available, and Windows Update said I was up to date.  After changing the “feature” deferral to 0 days, wushowhide  said the update to 2004 was available, as did Windows Update.  There was no message anywhere about “not ready yet”.  Having taken a disk image backup which I knew could be restored if necessary, and being unconcerned about the list of known problems, I went ahead with 2004.  It took a while.  The actual download took about one hour, at my modest connection speed of 10 megabits, and the install took even longer with its multiple shutdowns and restarts.  But it was all good in the end, apart from a few minor annoyances which were easily fixed.  Everything is now working as before, have not (yet?) found any problems.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004

• #2269576 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

the 2004 feature update is not being offered to my dad’s Toshiba Satellite late 2013 laptop, gtd12345. I had checked for updates for over a week many times since 2004 first came out on 5/27 and it still has not shown up (and I already have updated the drivers on there)

most 2013 laptops aren’t being offered the 2004 update thru WU yet due to their age
        guess we’ll have to wait longer (maybe mid-June or July perhaps)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by EP.
      • #2269580 Reply
        Zaphyrus
        AskWoody Lounger

I wouldn’t be concerned about that, It means your computer isn’t ready yet for the upgrade and if you were to install it right now  You may be having alot of issues

now, if you want it to block it,  I would install wushowhide and run it everytime

I want to check on Windows Updates that way the upgrade will eventually appear

Just someone who don't want Windows to mess with its computer.
        • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Zaphyrus.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: No sign of 2004 in Windows Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.