News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Not Receiving Email Notifications

Posted on WShlewton Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge Not Receiving Email Notifications

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        WShlewton
        AskWoody Plus

Can I change my email address because I am not getting the email notifications I should be getting. I have another email address I could use but, if I change it will my account here be affected in any way? I can verify the email address if I have to but not sure if I have to do anything else.

PKCano
        Manager
        1 user thanked author for this post.
          WShlewton
          AskWoody Plus

I already did see that and all it says is “Unsubscribe” so that tells me I am already subscribed to the topic. For some reason my ISP does not like some sites so I have had to use my gmail account and, strangely enough, that then gets forwarded to my regular account. So, that is what I want to do here, change my email account to my gmail account but am wondering if there is anything I need to know about possibly having to re-verify my account or any other thing that may cause me to not be able to access my posts.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by WShlewton.
            PKCano
            Manager

Before you change you email address, check the spam/junk folder on your ISP’s website. Sometimes the messages get caught as spam.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Kirsty
        Manager

Can I change my email address because I am not getting the email notifications I should be getting.

Yes, you can change your email address (after working through the non-receipt of emails as above). Click on your username, then EDIT at the bottom of the left-hand menu, to enter your preferrred email address.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        WShlewton
        AskWoody Plus

Before you change you email address, check the spam/junk folder on your ISP’s website. Sometimes the messages get caught as spam.

That is the first thing I always do and it is not going there. I eventually did receive all the email notifications from here but some of them were delayed for 5 or 6 hours. I have had this happen at other sites and I am fairly certain it is not the sites fault; it is my ISP  and they don’t even know why it is happening. It just does not even reach there WEBMAIL server. But if the notification is sent to my Gmail it is immediately forwarded to my regular email account that I use all the time. Strange, to say the least.

Fred
        AskWoody Plus

Lately I am missing (not getting) the email-announcements when there is a new topic/item appears at the HOME /Main page of Askwoody

I only get messages when I subscribe to an subject.

Can you help me out please, I really do miss these announcement emails; can I set different settings ?

[yes I have checked my spam folder regularly, 2+times daily .
        (Wouldn’t miss it for the world if I might become a Nigerian prince, or so)].

I did write to customersupport, but hopefully I try this forum too.

Thank you for helping me out
        Fred

~ ~ ~
    Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Not Receiving Email Notifications

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.