News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • NVIDIA blackouts

Posted on mnorman Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware NVIDIA blackouts

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        mnorman
        AskWoody Plus

For almost a year on a Dell 8930 W10Pro Navidia GeForce GTX 1060 I’ve been getting periodic blackouts for few seconds. I cannot reproduce the error “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.” I often get it in word2016 but also when there is just Outlook and Firefox running.

I have tried just about every suggestion offered in the forums: 1. DDM’d all Nvidia software, rebooted in safeM, pulled the latest driver off the Dell site, have internet unconnected, reinstalled. Did this at least three time in the last six months. Tried all these other suggestions https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/179540/display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has/1304012/, save the registry change and change monitor refresh.

I’ve seen nothing new since 2017 posts. There does not appear to be a “fix” at either Dell or Nvidia.  Dell tech support plays the same song over and over: change the driver, change the driver….

The problem seems widespread enough but there appears to be no answer.

Thanks.

• #2305486 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

pulled the latest driver off the Dell site,

Which OS version and which version of Nvidia are you running ?

You download drivers from Manufacturer’s site not from PC OEM’s site and not by Microsoft Update.
        For Windows 10 you need Nvidia DCH drives (as well as Intel’s DCH drivers).

• #2305627 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

The Dell driver site is reputable and you should have no issues downloading the latest drivers from there.

Does the issue exist with earlier Dell drivers?

cheers, Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: NVIDIA blackouts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.