News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • OE Error Message

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  WSPrestonK 18 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

WSDave
      AskWoody Lounger

This question probably has an obvious answer for those of you more conversant with windows, et al, than me.

I quite frequently get an error message in Outlook Express 5.5, upon opening some messages (mostly but not all from mail groups like WOW or Dummies Guides) reading “Msimn has caused an error in URLMON.DLL”. I then have to select the “close” box and OE shuts down. It starts up again without problem, but this is a tad annoying.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

• #512331 Reply

WSMaryJ
      AskWoody Lounger

nothing in the KB on it. dejanews has a few hits on the phrase Msimn has caused an error in URLMON.DLLand this one is probably the best bet for ideas.

• #512339 Reply

WSPrestonK
      AskWoody Lounger

I searched the MS KB and I found the following articles that may help: Q251787 AND Q235300.

Apparently a corrupted .dll file.

Hope this helps!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: OE Error Message

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.