News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • office 2010 office source engine still needed?

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2010 and earlier for PC office 2010 office source engine still needed?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        honx
        AskWoody Lounger

now after i installed last updates ever for office 2010 professional plus (which is now out of support), are ose.exe and osppsvc.exe still needed running everytime i first start an office application after booting the system? latter osppsvc.exe even never quits once it’s running. so what’s the point of that running now that there won’t be installed anything regarding office 2010? is it save to kill the service?

PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, Group B
        Notebook: Windows 8.1, 64bit, Group B

• #2308463 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Try stopping the process within task manager, if something goes awry, restart the process from within taskmanger. Menu [File] run new task…insert the task name
        Alternatively, stick the service in manual and see what happens on reboot.
        The only way to find out is by trying it.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2308494 Reply
        Charlie
        AskWoody Plus

So I take it that things went well with the Office 2010 updates?  I’m still holding off because they’re marked “Defer” in the Master Patch List.

Group L

• #2308502 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

I have updated three installations of Office 2010 with no problems also.
          Disclaimer: I do not use Outlook.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: office 2010 office source engine still needed?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.