News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Office 2010 updates since 2019

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        alphacharlie
        AskWoody Plus

I have a ten year old Thinkpad T61 workhorse laptop that went from XP to Win 7 to Win 10.  As of 02/05/2021, the machine is on Win 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.1316.

My memory is not perfect, but I think I used to see Office 2010 updates along with the Windows 10 updates over the last few years.

I am pretty sure that I have NOT been offered any updates for Office 2010 or its components since last spring or summer (2020), and I know have seen mention here at AskWoody of more recent updates to Office 2010, even beyond its official EOL.

I should mention that “it ain’t broke.”  But I wonder if I changed some settings in the quest to control Win 10 updates that killed the Office 2010 updates.

Does anyone have an insight?     Thank you very much.

Susan Bradley
        Manager

Make sure that the setting “receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update windows” is checked in start, settings, windows update, advanced options.

I know for CERTAIN that there have been Office 2010 updates since summer.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

alphacharlie
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks Susan, but I double checked that setting and indeed “receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows” is switched on.   If I switch it off, then reboot, then switch it back on, perhaps it will kick in.

doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

Hello, I have the experience, that immediatelly after installation and first run, O2010 lets me choose if I want to install updates for Office2010 or not, but I cant remember where to enable it manually, because we went to O365 recently.

But I am pretty sure there is also button for checking updates – File > Check for updates.

And there are definatelly updates after EOL, I can confirm from the end of last year.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

b
          AskWoody MVP

File > Help > Check for Updates according to Install Office updates

1 user thanked author for this post.
            doriel
            AskWoody Lounger

I missed the editing window time, thanks for the correct way how to do that.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Office 2010 updates since 2019

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.