• Office 2019 vs older version

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Microsoft Office by version » Office 2019 for PC » Office 2019 vs older version

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Author
    Topic

I’ve recently been through a tidy-up / remove / reinstall process with some software:  Office 2019 being one of them.   I’ve an old version Office 2003 which I’m still quite fond of but have been gradually moving away from – I like it because I can still find commands on the toolbar, unlike with the newer versions.

I recently had cause to open a *.doc file, which opened up in MSO2003 – odd because that hadn’t happened for a long time.  I went to look at the file associations and for the *.doc extension, Office2019 is not given as an options at all!  Never been that way before – and I’ve bben doing this fooling around with versions since 2011.  (I did read a comment about ‘not mixing versions’ but I’d have to disagree with it:  in what is now 11 years I’ve never had an issue or problem.)

Thanks Richard

Win10Pro updated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Office 2019 vs older version

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: