• Office 365

Author
    Topic

I have two general questions:

• I have been using Office 365 with 32-bit aps, as way back when I began all the advice columns said the 64-bit version would not be ready for prime time for a long time.  It has now been a long time.  When I upgrade to the new version of this app, should I (and can I) upgrade to the 64-bit version without redoing my extensive file storage (OneDrive) files?
    • I have been using the incorporated mail system to send the results of things like Snip & Sketch files to myself or others.  A few months ago, it stopped working – I have no idea where the mail I’ve been sending goes.  [My Outlook 365 Exchange-style mail handler works well, but it does not seem to be accessible from Snip & Sketch – I send/receive several hundred e-mails/day through Outlook 365.]
    • Another simple query:  I use three computers almost every day:  my main year-old, full-capability, SSM desk-top (which should be readily upgradable to Win 11), an 11-year-old all-in-one, and an about 5-6 year old laptop.  I understand that I will need to replace the later two before going to Win 11.  In that case, I would rather purchase the replacement pcs with new ones with Win 11 already installed.  When will it be safe to do this?  Will I be able to transfer my older licenses (Office, Outlook, and other) from the old to the new pcs?
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Yes you can run 65bit Office.  Typically the things holding you back these days are Outlook plug ins or any other third party integration.

Windows 11 certified pcs are in the pipeline but I’d probably wait 6 months or when new chips start hitting the markets.  This will ensure that there are no performance hits.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady/Prudent patcher

1 user thanked author for this post.

I have been using Office 365 64-bit for several years now. I defer automatic updates, and only update when updates are not flagged as causing any major issues.

I have been using the incorporated mail system to send the results of things like Snip & Sketch files to myself or others.  A few months ago, it stopped working – I have no idea where the mail I’ve been sending goes.

What actions do you take in Snip & Sketch? Share and then select a contact?

The app doesn’t have an incorporated mail system; it just passes to another app.

[My Outlook 365 Exchange-style mail handler works well, but it does not seem to be accessible from Snip & Sketch – I send/receive several hundred e-mails/day through Outlook 365.]

Outlook should be accessible at the bottom of the share pane in Snip & Sketch.

For a long time I could send e-mails from Snip & Sketch with snipped material.  It uses Outlook, but NOT the Outlook.com that I use regularly with the Office (or now Microsoft) 365 suite.  I use the Share utility as you suggest (and have been), but the e-mails I send from there no longer get to their destination – I don’t know where they go.

Snip & Sketch says it is sending the e-mail from “Mail for Windows”, so it does not appear in my Outlook.com account as sent nor is it received in that account (although it used to be received in that account if my mail was so addressed).

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Office 365

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: