News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office 365 Home Unable to Share Calendars

Posted on petesmst Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Office 365 Home Unable to Share Calendars

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  petesmst 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

petesmst
      AskWoody Plus

My son and I use Office 365 Home.  I log in to my Microsoft account ending in …@live.co.za (I believe this address has been discontinued since allocation to me several years ago).  My son logs in to …@outlook.com

We have each have Outlook calendars.  Neither of us are able to share either calendar with each other.  The “share” button does not react when clicked on. Is this option only available to users of Office 365 business?  Or am I missing something?

My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Mobo (Military Class V); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 500GB SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME SSD; 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2016 Prof (32-bit); Condusiv SSDKeeper Professional; Acronis TI 2019 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Dell S2417DG G-Sync UHD Monitor.

• #591287 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

You should be able to share the calendars. Are you using the web interface (outlook.com) or Outlook?

--Joe

• #617682 Reply

petesmst
        AskWoody Plus

@joep517  We are both using Outlook from within the Office 365 suite.  I log in to my Microsoft Account with a live.co.za login, whilst my son logs in with an  Outlook.com login.

live.co.za is a legacy Microsoft South Africa “equivalent” to live.com used by Microsoft several years ago.  The live.co.za account is the one on which Office 365 Home is registered.

My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Mobo (Military Class V); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 500GB SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME SSD; 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2016 Prof (32-bit); Condusiv SSDKeeper Professional; Acronis TI 2019 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Dell S2417DG G-Sync UHD Monitor.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office 365 Home Unable to Share Calendars

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.