News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office 365 repeated requests for data permission

Posted on marklang Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Office 365 repeated requests for data permission

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

I am running Office 365 applications, and I started having a problem a few weeks ago.  Every day or so when I open any of the office applications, I get a screen asking me to agree to some new terms.  It is asking for permission to share data from my use of office applications.  Every time it comes up, I check No, and then finish.  I will be fine until the next day or so when I open an application and it comes back.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this constant request?   I did find a way to set the same settings deep within the Options, under Trust Center > Privacy Settings.  Setting them there, however, does not stop the  regular popup.

• #2303905 Reply
        anonymous

Haven’t had that issue with Office but did have it with another program. Launching the program as admin allowed my choice to stick and didn’t receive the prompt thereafter.

• #2303910 Reply
        anonymous

Can you send some screen shots? Not totally clear when this is occurring during login. I have not seen this error message and I’m supporting dozens of users in different organizations.

• #2303935 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

I have trouble capturing this since it occurs generally the first time I start one of the Office apps (Word, Excel, or Powerpoint) after booting up in the morning — not every day, but every few days.   I don’t think I have ever seen it again later the same day.  I will capture a screen shot the next time.  I will try to remember to start the app in admin mode so I can try that, also.

• #2305694 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

It has now been about a week.   I have started Word in administrator mode every day.  However, the offending message has not reappeared, so I don’t have a screenshot to share.

Based on what was said earlier, I did start Word in administrator mode and I went into the Word Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Privacy Options>Privacy Settings to get to the attached page, which seems to be asking the same things as the offending popup.  I left the Optional Diagnostic Data option unchecked as shown, but I saved the page.   Perhaps that took care of the issue.  If it does reappear, I will try to capture a shot of the popup.

Image-1-1

Attachments:
        • #2305696 Reply
          cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

I should have been more clear above. On the program I had the issue with (think it was Photoshop but can’t remember for sure) I ran as administrator one time, checked the options and it stuck. Never had to run as admin thereafter.

• #2306012 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

I spoke too soon.  Today I got the message again.   Unfortunately, I had not opened Word with admin permissions.   See attached.  There are 3 screens.  I will put them in followup entries since it only appears to allow one attachment per entry.

Image-1-2

Attachments:
      • #2306014 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

Next page.

Image-2

Attachments:
      • #2306016 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

Final page.

Image-3

Attachments:
      • #2306038 Reply
        anonymous
      • #2306660 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

I tried the method of logging off the Office account, exiting the program, and then logging back in. When I logged back in, I got a message that there were two accounts, one personal one created by me and one created by my office administrator. I don’t have an office administrator or any employer. I only have my personal account. I am not sure if this is part of the issue, but there must be another Office account using my email address.

• #2311469 Reply
        marklang
        AskWoody Plus

I finally managed to get the popup again when I was logged into Word in administrator mode.  I selected the no option.   However, today, when I logged into Word again, I got the popup.  So neither filling out the popup when in admin mode or switching accounts seems to help.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Viewing 10 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office 365 repeated requests for data permission

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.