Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office 365 Tech Support

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Office Office 365 and Click-to-Run Office 365 Tech Support

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MrJimPhelps 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody MVP

I just had a very pleasant experience with Microsoft Office 365 Tech Support.

I am an Office 365 administrator for one of my customers. I also do general desktop support for them, such as setting up new computers. Whenever I set up a new computer for a user, I install Office 365 Business Premium on the computer prior to deploying it to the user.

I would like to be able to completely activate and initialize Office 365 prior to the user getting the computer; but in order to do that, I would need to have the user’s email address and password. So for now, I do everything except for the Office 365 activation; I then walk the user through that very arduous process, a process that only a geek could love.

Anyway, in digging around through my customer’s Office 365 Admin Portal, I found a place where I could either submit a message requesting tech support, ask Microsoft to call me, or both. So I figured, what the heck, let me see what will happen. I sent them a detailed question, asking if there was any other way to completely activate and initialize Office 365 without the user’s email address and password; and I clicked the “call me” button. Lo and behold, about five minutes later I got a call from a Microsoft tech! He was very helpful; he did his best. Unfortunately, there is no way to activate Office 365 except with the user’s email address and password, because the license is tied to the user, not to the machine.

Oh well; the quick call back, and the very helpful attitude of the Microsoft tech, took much of the sting out of this issue. Also, Office 365 is a superior product; that helps as well.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office 365 Tech Support

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.