News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office Account Privacy Settings, Diagnostic Data

Posted on dmt_3904 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Office Account Privacy Settings, Diagnostic Data

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

I have O365 Personal subscription.  These are my account settings for Diagnostics, under: Office Account – Account Privacy – Manage Settings.  Wondering what do you all have set?

Required – no choice

Optional diagnostic data
        Connected Experiences:

• Experiences that analyze your content – checked.  info says: By turning this off, some features will no longer be available to you.  For example, Power point designer, Dictation, Editor, ideas and more.  I GUESS IF I DON’T NEED THIS STUFF, I CAN UNCHECK IT, BUT I’M NOT SURE WHAT’S ALL IN THERE.
        • Experiences that download online content – unchecked
        • All Connected experiences – checked.  Disclaimer says some connected experiences like roam privacy settings will not be available (which I want)

Seems to me like MS gives us a ‘choice’ but then penalizes us if we make the ‘wrong’ choice (i.e. one they don’t want you to make).  But wanted to know what others have for these settings.

Also, what IS ‘Click to Run’?

• #2211909 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

If you click “Learn more” under any of those three Connected Experiences categories, you get a web page which shows exactly which features fall under each heading, each with a “how-to” link:

Connected experiences that analyze your content (21 features)

Connected experiences that download online content (20 features)

Other connected experiences (30 features)

Connected experiences in Office

I keep them all enabled because I want access to Translator, Help, Focused Inbox etc.

Click-to-Run is the installation and update method for Office 365 and Office 2019, which is independent of Windows Update: Information about Office Click-to-Run installations

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office Account Privacy Settings, Diagnostic Data

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.