News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office Home & Student 2010 – how to discard

Posted on dmt_3904 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office Home & Student 2010 – how to discard

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        dmt_3904
        AskWoody Plus

Not exactly an Office-specific question, but I have this old software disc.  The license is associated to me.  I currently use O365, M365 whatever.  What is the best way to discard this disc? Just break it up and throw it out?  Or is there some other method that is best to use to discard old software? thanks.  Donna

• #2212736 Reply
        mn–
        AskWoody Lounger

If it’s a regular Microsoft-made optical media, it shouldn’t have any of “your” data on it anyway, so no particular reason to break it up.

Just pull off any stickers and hang it somewhere around the vegetable garden or orchard as a bird-scarer until weather wears the shiny part off (might take years) or it breaks naturally, then recycle the plastic.

I mean, can’t think of many other productive uses for those…

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office Home & Student 2010 – how to discard

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.