News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office Professional 2019 1 device download

Posted on DirtyHarry Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2019 for PC Office Professional 2019 1 device download

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        DirtyHarry
        AskWoody Plus

I purchased a retail license for Office 2019 Pro from Lenovo. They sent me the product key and a link (which I think had the product key embedded) to office.com/setup. I was signed into my Microsoft Account but step 1 had me re-enter my password. Step 2 processed without me entering the key (that’s why I think key was included in the link) and after thinking about it the site stated “Product Key confirmed” and was able to click on Step 3 Get your Office. I was met with a statement that the system couldn’t process my request right now and to try again later. Which I did. At Step 2 I get the message that this Product Key has already been used; go to my Microsoft Account to get my product. I do that and Office 2019 is not shown.

Apparently the product key is redeemed at step 2 prior to the product being downloaded and can never be used again. If there is an issue with the download you are out of luck.

After over three hours on hold/phone with Microsoft this week, discussions with six reps (two of whom remotely took over my computer and confirmed my predicament) in tech support, accounts and billing, commercial products (although according to MW website, Office 2019 Professional is used by a personal MS account), opening of four case numbers, promises of call backs twice when I would probably be given a new product code (none of which happened) and confirmation that the product key I had was indeed used by/attached to my email.

To add insult to injury, I received three emails asking me to tell Microsoft about my recent Office 365 Support experience! Example:
        Thank you for using Microsoft products and services, we appreciate your business. This email is to confirm that your support case has been closed, the details of the service request case are as follows:

• Service Request #: 1002186864
        • Service Request Description: IVR Ticket
        • Closed Date: 2/13/2020 1:35:58 AM UTC

One tech suggested that since Lenove sold me the product, it was their responsibility. Nonsense. The first time through the process, Microsoft confirmed the valid product key. The download did not work.

Not sure how to proceed.

• #2141444 Reply
        anonymous
        • #2150416 Reply
          DirtyHarry
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks to anonymous for the two links. No, Microsoft never asked me to follow those steps nor did they send me to those links. I did find the first link on my own and nothing therein helped, but that link did confirm that single license download products, in this case Office 2019 Professional, are handled through a personal or home MS Account, not a business account. Interestingly, when I was on hold with MS, the recording told me there was higher than expected call volume, but I could get quicker response entering my trouble online at a stated website. I browsed to the site (while remaining on hold) and was asked to sign in with my MS Account. I did so, and received a message that a personal account wouldn’t work; a business account was required. I believe you are correct that “It’s possible Office 2019 is correctly redeemed on the Office portal, but not visible on the Accounts products & subscriptions page.”

Thanks to abbodi86 for the two download links. I chose to use the second link so I could specify 64-bit and enter my product key in the link. Office 2019 was downloaded to my computer and installed, but when I entered the product key at activation, I still received the message that the key had already been used. Fortunately, Lenovo let me “exchange” the product. I uninstalled Office 2019 and again used the second link but with the new product code I received. Office Professional 2019 was successfully downloaded, installed and activated and now appears in my Microsoft account. One curious thing is that the product code displayed in my MS account does not match the product key I entered to download the product. But everything works as it should.

• #2141766 Reply
        abbodi86
        AskWoody_MVP

http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/492350f6-3a01-4f97-b9c0-c7c6ddf67d60/media/en-us/Professional2019Retail.img

change en-us in the link to your lang, if you do’t use English

or if you prefer live online installation (gives you latest Office build), you can use the live link generator

https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?ProductreleaseID=Professional2019Retail&language=en-US&platform=x86&version=O16GA&token=xxxxx&act=1

replace en-us with your lang
        replace x86 with x64 if you want Office 64-bit
        replace xxxxx with your Office product keys

then paste the link in browser, and it should download small setup.exe file, which you then run it and it will download and install Office

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by abbodi86.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office Professional 2019 1 device download

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.