News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Office/Task Chair Recommendation

Home Forums Outside the box The Junk Drawer Office/Task Chair Recommendation

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

Hoping you guys can give me a suggestion on an office chair. Many years ago I had a chair which was fabric, maybe tweed or something. Saw them everywhere – usually a kind of grey color with black plastic armrests. Cheap, but with a thick seat cushion. Was comfortable and I can’t find one anywhere, nor anything that looks close.

Bought a new chair about 5 years ago and had to put a sofa cushion on it because it hurt my butt after an hour or so. I sit on this thing 12-18 hours per day. I’m a big guy but not overweight and I need something with a thick seat cushion because my butt bruises with the last 3 chairs I’ve tried! Not fancy, not pretty. Armrests or not, just comfortable for long periods of sitting.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

How much do you want to spend?
        I have a cheap Ikea chair with a firm, relatively thin cushion that I can sit in for hours, but you can spend $1000 without a problem.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

FWIW, you should get up and stretch every 30 to 60 minutes. Good for your body, eyes and head.

cheers, Paul

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks Paul,

I do stretch a lot. Between getting up for coffee, playing with the dogs and just stretching I think I’m pretty good with that. Matter of fact I invested in a standing desk a few years ago and periodically will raise it up and stand… although not as much as I should 🙂

Was hoping to keep it around $300 or so.

scoobydoo
        AskWoody Plus

If you live near, I’d suggest going to an independent office supply (not ODepot) and trying out what they have.

Mesh back and multi adjust were a must for me, and I knew this brand from what my employer buys, quality is good for the price IMO, 5+ years no issues: https://www.costco.com/hon-vl700-series-black-mesh-swiveltilt-mid-back-chair.product.11612532.html

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks ScoobyDoo,

One of our other chairs here are mesh back. Mesh ripped out after about 3 years but probably due to my grandson. Just seems hard to find a thick seat nowadays.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Office/Task Chair Recommendation

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.